Since 1905, the house has witnessed a long line of inhabitants. The original title shows that the owners consisted of five entrepreneurs: William Livingston, John Lineham, Josiah Pugh, and Alex and Hugh Patterson. Livingston had come from Ontario, and along with ranching, helped exploit some of the first petroleum leases in Turner Valley. Livingston and Pugh were also partners in the oil patch, and John Lineham was an early industrialist whose activities ranged from lumber and contracting, to drilling Alberta's first oil well near Pincher Creek. Another prominent family, the Pattersons, managed a local hotel and livery business. Livingston probably lived in the house until 1909 until the property was sold to Fanny Spencer.
She stayed for a while and then rented the house to Corporal Angermann and his wife in 1915, when it served as headquarters for the Royal North West Mounted Police in Okotoks.
|Other residents include George Welch, mayor of Okotoks for two terms and owner for the longest period. The Welches once owned two grain elevators in town, but then sold their business and moved away. They rented the house to O.C. Smith, who was manager of the Bank of Montreal from 1923 to 1933. The Millers owned it next in 1942, and Alice-Marie Miller, wife of former policeman and hotel owner, Joe Miller, was well known for her formal Easter teas, as the house was one of the few that could accommodate a large crowd.