For many years this was home for the park superintendent and his family; Rogers even had a chicken coop in the courtyard, and was known to fend off curious cats with a shotgun. When a separate superintendent's residence was built in 1936, this building continued to serve as an administrative office for Jasper National Park. A fish hatchery in the basement was operational until 1941, and then the community library was housed in the building for 20 years. Park administrative staff moved elsewhere in 1972, and this historic building now serves as a park information centre and office for park interpreters.

  

Jasper - Yellowhead Museum & Archives

  « back