Opened in 1915, the Prince of Wales Armoury was the home of the military in Edmonton until
1977. In 1992 the renovated and retrofitted building became the home of the City of Edmonton
Archives. Our notion of place is mirrored and echoed by this magnificent building. We believe
the strength and security designed into the building when it opened in 1915 continues to be
reflected today, but with a different meaning. Where once weapons of war were stored and men
and women trained for the defense of our country, now sits documentary evidence of Edmonton's
history accessible for all to use. The memory of our past resides securely within the walls of this
impressive structure, destined to survive the test of time.
more about the City of Edmonton Archives ...