190.01.23.03
Christmas dinner table at Gus Wagner taken around 1913
The photograph is of a Christmas dinner table at Gus Wagner taken around 1913. Gus Wagner came to Millet in 1906 from Beatrice, Nebraska. He bought a quarter of C.P.R. land. Several other families came from Nebraska and settled nearby. They all helped each other when needed and formed what was called the "Nebraska Club".
The Millet Board of Trade Banquet held in he Oddfellows Hall above the store built by Van Meter & Blades on Lot 10 Blk II in 1901. The first store was built at the back part of the lot. The building was then extended to Railway Street (50 st) in 1903. The Oddfellows Hall, as it was referred to, was where all social events were held for many years. 190.02.61.03
Board of Trade Banquet, 1914
A few months before this meeting the Millet Board of Trade had three members and on April 2, 1914 (the date of the picture) it had fifty members. Two hundred and fifty people sat down to a gastronomical feast at its First Annual Banquet.
Enola Gray's birthday party at the Leonard Gray Farm
Enola Gray's birthday party
at the Leonard Gray Farm
Enola Gray's birthday party at the Leonard Gray Farm. From left to right Minnie Higginson, Fred Higginson, Enola Gray and Mrs. Eggleston.