Office of the Director of Civil Defence The City of Calgary

City of Calgary, Corporate Records, Archives

Office of the Director of Civil Defence The City of Calgary

The Office of the Director of Civil Defence for The City of Calgary was created on 1951 February 1 with the appointment of E.H. Parsons as the first Director of Civil Defence. This office existed until 1964 when the Civil Defence Director was renamed the Emergency Measures Coordinator. Distributing "Instructions for Evacuation" was done through this office.

« Click for full size image »